Monday, October 3, 2016

Weed Whacker

Sometimes a weed whacker just doesn't want to start. Why?
Today I pulled and pulled the cord. Yes, I pumped the primer bulb several times. No luck!  So, I took a closer look at the gas bottle and discovered the fuel lines seemed decomposed....soft....sticky...and collapsed. Random pieces of the gas line were resting in the fuel tank (see photos).  How can this happen?
The hardware store had new lines for replacement...and couldn't explain the rotting gas line.
Later, I installed the new fuel lines, and cleaned the carburetor with solvent and an air blast.  I added fresh gas, pumped the primer and yanked the cord a couple times  Eureka!  The darn whacker was ready for work.
My takeaway is this; if your weed whacker won't start....inspect the gas lines very closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment