Thursday, November 12, 2009

Smart Inventor Shows Rust

I posted this story on Facebook and My Space...friends liked it, so I'm adding it here as an example of my thoughs (good or evil).
...............................................................

Inventors must be smart about materials…and other things too.
My wife wanted a wheelbarrow - to help her yard work. We went shopping right away. What a smart idea!

Rosie liked the first little red wheelbarrow she saw. I said, no way! It’s all metal. It will rust. No matter, she loved the red color. I argued our coastal climate and salt air would eat it up. She whined about it being “so cute”. When I grabbed a green fiberglass model that would be better, she bristled. We bought the red one.

Two years later, I’m being smart again. We had to toss the rusted-out whellbarrow...hardly anything left. I cleverly pasted a screensaver to Rosie’s laptop. She can enjoy her rusted-out wheelbarrow forever. Well, maybe I knew a few things after all!
















P.S. Rosie will never see this story. How smart is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment